With more than 130 years, Viña Undurraga is one of Chile’s oldest wineries and a pioneer in the nation’s winemaking industry.
Its history has been linked to constant innovation and to always staying one step ahead of the industry. In 1903, Undurraga was the first Chilean winery to export to the United States shipping to each of the 45 states that existed at the time. Years later, it would become one of the main producers in Chile, exporting 400,000 cases per year to 60 countries.
For the last five years, Undurraga has ranked as one the world’s 50 most admired wine brands, by Drinks International.
Our philosophy is to make wines with character that are authentic and coherent and we achieve this through team work between our winemakers, viticulturists and the agricultural team.
The winemaking team, comprising outstanding Chilean winemakers, is led by Rafael Urrejola, who was chosen Winemaker of the Year in 2010 by the Círculo de Cronistas Gastronómicos de Chile (Chilean Circle of Food & Wine Writers). Beyond Chile, he has been named as one of the top 30 young winemakers from around the world by Drink Business magazine and one of the top three red wine oenologists in the world by International Wine & Spirit Competition.
Our winemakers aim to leave their mark on each of their lines. However, the winery’s selections have one thing in common: all of them seek to faithfully represent the character of the variety of grape from which they are made and their place of origin, prioritizing balance, fruit expression and quality.
Undurraga owns properties in Alto Maipo, Colchagua, Cachapoal, Leyda and Maule, the best and most important wine valleys in Chile. Today Undurraga is looking for position itself in the sale of premium wines, and the best example of this effort is the T.H. line, Chile's most award-winning winemaking project thanks to the quality and consistency of its wines.
Viña Undurraga is leader in the sparkling category thanks to the quality consistency along the vintages, and we would like to share worldwide that outstanding potential of our sparkling wines from Chile. It’s a citric and fresh sparkling wine with acidity and balance, a great exponent of the new world.
With a presence in over 70 countries around the world, Undurraga is recognized worldwide broad for the quality of our wines, and this is reflected in the important awards that we have won over the past two years. These include:
• 108 different wines and sparkling has been ranked with 90 and more points during the last two years.
• Regional Trophy for Sibaris Sauvignon Blanc 2013 at the Decanter World Wine Awards
• International Trophy for T.H. Cabernet Sauvignon 2012at the International Wine Challenge
• Trophy for Sibaris Gran Reserva Carménère 2013, recognized as the best Carménère in the world, an award that allowed Undurraga to be selected as the Chilean Winery of the Year at the International Wine & Spirits Competition.
• Trophy for T.H. Sauvignon Blanc Lo Abarca 2014 and Altazor 2012, which were selected as the best Chilean white and red wines at the International Wine Challenge.
• Producer of the Year 2013 by Sommelier Wine Awards
For the Trade
Sales Kit, Shelf Talkers and Accolades
1011 KEARNY STREET SUITE A SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA 94133 ORDERS: 415.556.9600