Domaine de Rochebin
Domaine de Rochebin is situated at an altitude of 1,476 feet on hilltop overlooking the Saône plain, in the lieu-dit “en Normant”, close to Azé, a town renowned for its prehistoric caves. The domaine’s coat of arms features the skull of a lion reminiscent of the great lion found in one of the caves. The wooded hillside of Azé borders the town of Cluny, whose abbey was one of the leading sites of medieval Christianity. Most of the vineyards belonging to the domaine come from the abbey’s former properties. As far back as the year 1000, its monks were laboring in the vineyards.
The diversity of the 115 acres of vines owned by this domaine enable it to grow all the prestigious Burgundy grape varieties.
The Marillier family have been vine-growers from father to son since 1921. In 1991, Jean-Pierre Marillier handed the domaine over to its new owner, his son Mikaël, an enthusiastic young producer with a promising future. The domaine has nine full time employees.